PROCESS SAFETY ASSESSMENT CENTER
Apeloa CDMO always performs comprehensive Process Safety Assessments for all incoming contract customer scopes of work. This is to ensure our scientists have a full understanding of the chemistry involved and assess the potential risks of reaction steps before they reach our labs or production floor. The Apeloa CDMO Process Safety Center has been CNAS (China National Accreditation Service) certified ensuring that our process assessments are done to a globally recognized standard. We assess a wide range of process parameters including heat, pressure, ignition temperatures, and thermodynamic and calorimetry measures.
Process safety assessments are a critical starting point for any new chemical reaction or synthesis route. Determination of the critical process parameters allows the chemists and operators to understand risks of individual steps and plan process design to mitigate them. A process safety assessment can consider safety issues such as exothermic reactions for safety measures including containment, handling, and reaction design/controls.
APELOA PROCESS SAFETY CENTER
Apeloa CDMO has built an integrated central laboratory used to assess the safety parameters for all incoming manufacturing projects and their reactions. These Process Safety Assessments are automatically conducted for every project before they are initiated at Apeloa. The laboratory is equipped to measure and test a range of critical process parameters including reaction heat, reaction pressure, thermal properties, ignition temperatures, and calorimetry measures.
APELOA PROCESS SAFETY ASSESSMENT INSTRUMENTATION
The Apeloa CDMO Process Safety Center is equipped with the complete range of modern and sophisticated laboratory instrumentation needed to assess the safety of most types of reactions. Some of the current instrumentation in our Process Safety Center includes:
- RC1 Reaction Calorimeter: measures the amount of energy released or absorbed by a chemical or physical reaction
- RC1MX: Thermodynamic data (including pressure) measurement under isothermal and non-isothermal conditions
- ARC (Accelerating Rate Calorimeter): Measures thermal ability with adiabatic conditions within given temperature and pressure ranges.
- EasyMax HFCal: Health Flow Calorimetry measure thermodynamic parameters and allows process optimization
- MIE (Minimum Ignition Energy): Determines the minimum amount of energy required to ignite a mixture to flame
- DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimeter): Tests the thermal stability of materials under a range of conditions
CNAS CERTIFIED TEST CENTER
Apeloa CDMO’s Process Safety Center is certified by the CNAS (China National Accreditation Service) ensuring that all test performed are completed to globally recognized standards. This means Apeloa CDMO can complete certified Process Safety Assessments for contract customers located anywhere in the world. The certification applies to our Process Safety Center and its certified assessments are available to Apeloa CDMO customers as well as a stand-alone service for individual third parties. CNAS certification ensures that Apeloa CDMO process safety assessments are rigorously completed to a certified globally recognized standard.